Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for www.expertteachertutors.co.uk
- Alchemy Education is an agent for the provision of one or more tutors to Client. Alchemy Education is a tutoring agency and we are a party to this contract.
- You are referred to in this contract as “the Client” and you are the other party to this contract. You agree to the purchase of tutoring sessions on behalf of the ‘Student’. ‘The Student’ may be yourself of another person. The Student is the person who receives the tutoring service through sessions of tutoring.
- The Client agrees to these terms and conditions which relate to Alchemy Education providing a tutor to you.
- The Termination of the Agreement occurs when all of the obligations under this contract are complete or discharged, excluding the ongoing undertakings in paragraph 5c and 5d of this contract. Conclusion of the Agreement will typically occur at the end of the final session but may occur at another time in accordance with Section 6 of this contract.
- The Client acknowledges that these terms govern the legal rights and obligations between the Client and Alchemy Education reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions.
- No variation or alteration of these terms by the Client should be valid unless expressly approved in writing by Alchemy Education.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Alchemy Education agrees to provide qualified and experienced tutors with an Enhanced DBS check.
- Alchemy Education will provide regular progress checks against the child’s personalised learning plan and written feedback.
- Alchemy Education will also collect the fee on behalf of the tutor together with its own fee relating to administration and introduction commission.
Agreement with the Tutor for the provision of tutoring services
- A tutor will be deemed to have been provided to the Client by Alchemy Education.
- By booking a session with the Tutor the Client agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the terms and conditions which govern their relationship.
- Clients should be aware that the Tutor does not have power to bind Alchemy Education in any way.
Prohibition of other Arrangements
- The Client will not agree any alternative fees with the Tutor and agrees not to render any direct payments to the Tutor
- The Client is not permitted to enter into any private arrangements with any Tutor provided by Alchemy Education. The Client undertakes to make all bookings with Tutors introduced by Alchemy Education exclusively through Alchemy Education.
- A breach of these terms will render the Client liable to Alchemy Education for all sums received by the Tutor direct from the Client or from a new Client without deduction and Alchemy Education shall be entitled to seek injunctions against the Client to prevent further breaches. These obligations continue beyond the termination or conclusion of this agreement.
- Should you wish to recommend one of Alchemy Education tutors to any other Potential or Actual Client, the Client must contact Alchemy Education to make a booking through the agency.
Replacements and Termination
- If the Tutor is unable to complete the Course of Tuition, or the Client requests a replacement Tutor because they are not satisfied with the original tutor assigned to them, Alchemy Education will endeavour to find a suitable replacement Tutor with regard to the level and subject for which tuition is required.
- If Alchemy Education is unable to find such a suitable replacement Tutor within a reasonable time to complete the remaining sessions of the Course of Tuition, Alchemy Education will refund a portion of the fees paid by the Client representing the number of sessions that the Tutor or any replacement Tutor has been unable to complete.
- If the replacement Tutor meets Alchemy Education’s criteria for suitability for the job in terms of subject and level knowledge and is available at the same time or another time convenient for the client, then Alchemy Education has fulfilled its obligations; if the Client then wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-course, the provisions of paragraph 6d will apply.
- If the Client wishes to terminate the Tuition mid-course for any reason, no refunds can be granted for the balance of sessions that have been taught; furthermore, one weeks’ notice must be provided. In that week the Client may choose to utilise the Session or Sessions which were planned to occur during that week, or not, but will not be refunded if the Client chooses not to utilise the Session or Sessions during that week. Alchemy Education will refund all monies prepaid excluding fees for the sessions that have already been taught and those fees for the week following notice of termination.
- The Client will pay not later than 24 hours in advance of the commencement of the sessions.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer or by card payment.
- The Client shall notify Alchemy Education immediately and in any event within 24 hours if the Tutor fails to attend work or notifies the client that (s)he is unable to attend work for any reason.
- Alchemy Education does not accept liability for any claims by the Client arising out of or related to the provision of tutoring services by the Tutor.
- Alchemy Education will not be liable to the Client or any third party for any act, omission or error (whether wilful, negligent of otherwise of the Tutor).
- The Client shall indemnify and keep indemnified Alchemy Education against any costs, claims or liabilities incurred by Alchemy Education out of any Assignment or as a result of any breach of these Terms by the Client.
- Alchemy Education has employer liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance.
Scheduling and Cancellation
- Notice of cancellation of a scheduled tutoring session for any reason must be given by the Client to Alchemy Education more than five hours prior to the Scheduled Session. If notice is not given or is given within 5 hours of the Start of the Session, then the Client will be charged for the full payment for the tutoring.
- Cancellations by the Client of more than 3 weeks in succession, or that which Alchemy Education perceive as unreasonable, regular cancellations, will be considered for immediate termination of contract at Alchemy Education’s discretion.
- The Client agrees that they will not disclose any confidential information concerning the Tutor or Alchemy Education to any person for the duration of this agreement and for a period of five years after termination of the agreement, save as required by law, court order or any governmental or regulatory authority.